Matthew E. Scafidi
Matthew E. Scafidi, a native of Sudbury, Massachusetts, currently lives in Westwood, Massachusetts with his wife and three daughters. He received a Bachelor of Science degree from Providence College, and also studied at the University of Salamanca in Spain. Prior to law school, Mr. Scafidi was the Latin American Business Development Manager for International Electronics, Inc., of Canton, Massachusetts before spending four years in New York working for the PGA Tour. Thereafter, Mr. Scafidi matriculated at New England Law | Boston, where he received his Juris Doctor degree. While at New England Law, Mr. Scafidi founded the Real Property, Probate, and Trust Organization.
Prior to partnering with Attorney James Juliano, Mr. Scafidi ran his own law practice and also served as Of Counsel to Perry, Krumsiek & Jack. Before that, he was an Associate with two private firms in Boston, Downing & Flynn and Shaevel & Krems. In the past, Mr. Scafidi’s practice areas have included civil litigation, real estate management, real estate development, and commercial leasing.
Currently, Mr. Scafidi currently focuses nearly all of his efforts in the area of residential real estate law representing buyers, sellers, lenders and builders. His firm also practices commercial real estate, condominium law, business transactions, land use/zoning, wills/estate planning, and civil litigation (including, among other things, business litigation, real estate litigation, and landlord-tenant matters).
Mr. Scafidi is very active in civic affairs: he was asked to be one of the first “Connectors” for Boston World Partnerships, an initiative to raise global awareness of Boston as one of the world’s foremost centers of intellectual capital and innovation; he spent two years as the Chair of the Housing Subcommittee for Mayor Menino’s Young Bostonian Advisory Council; he has served on the Board of Directors for the Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay (where he was Co-Chair of the Licensing & Building Use Committee); he has donated his time to students at the Snowden International High School in Boston as part of the Princeton Mentoring Program; and he currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Westwood Community Chest.
- Real Estate Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- Wellesley Chamber of Commerce, Member and Board Member for Golf Committee
- Boston World Partnerships, Former Connector
- Mayor Menino’s Young Bostonian Advisory Council, Former Chair, Housing Subcommittee
- Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay, Former Member of Board of Directors
- Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay, Former Co-Chair, Licensing & Building Use Committee
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Boston Magazine and Mass Lawyers Weekly “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015)